Project Management @OpenLearn
Compilation of project management related courses at OpenLearn. With these courses you will have the complete theory training to be an effective modern project manager.
- The start of the project journey: This course introduces projects, what they are, how they come about, responses to problems and planning. It explores the role of key players including the project manager, feasibility studies, decision making and project life cycles.
- How to frame a business case: This course looks at reading strategies which help you to frame a business case. In particular, you will learn how to use key business concepts to analyse a business situation.
- Preparing a project: Managing projects is something most managers will find themselves doing at some point in their career. This course aims to provide an overview of the features of a project and the issues that arise in managing a project.
- Planning a project: Gantt charts, critical path analysis, SMART objectives and estimation skills are just some of the topics covered in this course to help you understand how to plan for a project. You will gain an appreciation of the range of planning techniques available and the situations in which it is appropriate to use them.
- Implementing the project: Day-to-day monitoring of a project is essential to ensure that work is progressing according to the plan, and it will often be necessary to review and revise the plan as circumstances change. This course will introduce some of the key techniques that help managers to monitor and control projects, and consider what approaches work best in particular circumstances.
- Completing the project: This course will examine the particular issues that arise in bringing a project to a close, and ways of evaluating a project on its completion. The key components of project closure will be identified and discussed and their importance in ensuring that the aims and objectives of a project have been successfully attained will be explored. After studying this course, you will be able to plan an effective project closure.
- Managing projects through people: The importance of managing people for the success of a project cannot be underestimated. This course identifies the groups and individuals whose appropriate involvement in a project is important for its success, and considers the ways in which their contribution might be maximised.
- Themes and theories for working in virtual project teams: This course offers an introduction to working in virtual project teams. It explains the terms and concepts related to teams and projects, and highlights the complexity around the interaction of people and technology.
- Managing virtual project teams: Many projects are now ‘virtual’, i.e. some or all of the team are located remotely and may be working in different time zones. The project manager needs all the traditional soft skills, and more. This course looks at knowledge and techniques which underpin team selection and then consider the additional expertise needed to manage teams in a virtual environment.
- Project governance and Project Management Office (PMO): Whether a project is large or small, innovative or similar to other projects, governance and administrative support will be needed. The type of governance, and level of support, will vary considerably between projects of different types and complexity. This course considers project governance and how we can tell if it is effective. Project administration may range from informal support to a dedicated PMO. We look at the tasks and support which a project manager might need and, if there is a PMO, how this fits with the relationship between project manager and the organisation.
Vous avez suivi cette formation ? SVP, cliquez sur J'aime si vous la trouvez de qualité et faites nous un retour via les commentaires.