Compilation of courses to learn and improve your English at OpenLearn.
- Am I ready to study in English?: Even if you feel confident using English in everyday situations, studying in English at higher education level might present extra challenges. This course provides an opportunity for you to reflect on your English language skills through a series of academic exercises.
- English: skills for learning: This course is for anybody who is thinking of studying for a university degree and would like to develop the English reading and writing skills needed to succeed. You’ll be introduced to academic reading and effective note-making strategies. You’ll develop your essay writing. You’ll look at academic style and vocabulary-building strategies. You’ll also enhance your understanding of sentence structure and punctuation. You will learn through a range of engaging activities aimed at extending your existing language skills.
- Business English: Making decisions: This course will help you with the language difficulties that can arise while providing assistance with the practicalities of the decision-making processes involved and the consultation that is necessary to ensure employees are kept informed.
- English grammar in context: What are the differences between spoken and written English? Is use of grammar more or less complex than it appears? This course looks at the way grammar can be used as a tool for adapting our communications (both written and spoken). It will help you to see how language is intertwined with both describing a view of the world and interacting with others in that world.
- English in the world today: How did English become the global force it is today? This course explores the status of the language and its worldwide diversity. It looks at how social and political factors influence people’s attitudes towards it, and at the relationship between one’s linguistic heritage and sense of identity.
Vous avez suivi cette formation ? SVP, cliquez sur J'aime si vous la trouvez de qualité et faites nous un retour via les commentaires.